Thursday, December 4, 2008

My "other" kids meet Caleb

Today I went to my school to pick up a Christmas present I had ordered. I hadn't planned on staying very long, but if any of you are teachers or know the teachers at my school, you know they like to talk and they LOVE babies! It was good to see some friends at school and show off our little man. :)

This was the 2nd time I had been to the school since Caleb was born. The first time I was taking care of some insurance stuff and didn't go see my "other children." Well, today the ladies at school made me feel guilty for not seeing them last time and not planning on seeing them this time. Well, you can guess that I caved and went and saw them. The secretary went down with me and went in first. She told the kids that she had a surprise for them and they all thought it was Santa. I walked in and they went nuts! They all started screaming and ran towards me with their arms open. It did make me feel really good, and I was so glad I went to see them.

As you can imagine, they all wanted to see/meet Caleb. I tired to explain to them that he isn't strong enough to meet them because of their germs. Anyway, we ended up taking the whole class to the front and they looked at him through the glass windows in the front office. They were all in awe of the baby. At one point Caleb sneezed and one of the kids said, totally shocked and questioning..."He sneezes?!?!" Too funny!!! I love the innocence of 6 and 7 year olds!

Here are some pics the secretary sent me...they were taken with her cell phone, so they aren't the best, but you get the idea!







2 comments:

Leslie Gilbreath said...

I love your family pic (what I am assuming might be your Christmas card) and the new santa hat pic on the right- too cute!

Elizabeth said...

That Santa hat pic is the BEST! I love it! You should definitely send that one in to one of the Parents magazine contests...