Thursday, October 9, 2008

the end (or should I say beginning) is in sight!!!!!!

Today we went to the doctor for what I was hoping would be the last time (my due date is Saturday). It still could be the last appointment, but we just don't know.

To make a long story short, I hadn't made anymore progress, but the baby is very, very low. The doctor went ahead and scheduled an appointment for next Wednesday with an ultrasound (to check his size), but said he didn't think I would make it. He actually said he would be surprised if I made it through the weekend without going into labor. However, if I don't have the baby before Wednesday we will schedule an induction for next Thursday or Friday!!!! So, there is a light at the end of this 10 month tunnel...

So I guess now it is truly a waiting game. We will just have to wait and see when Caleb wants to join us!!

I also want to welcome Owen Michael Kelly to the world. My cousin (well, his wife) gave birth to Owen October 8, 2008 at 10:30pm - he was 8 lbs. 4 oz. Welcome Owen! I can't wait for you and Caleb to meet!!!

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Baby! Baby! Baby! He's finally here! Congratulations Jennifer and Michael!

Wildcat's Observations said...

Congratulations. I am glad Caleb is here. Your life will never be the same, but it will be better, even without sleep. Uncle Walter