Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Our growing boy...


I hope you like the pic. It was taken last week before heading to my mom and dad's house. I thought he looked so sweet in his UGA hat.

Yesterday Michael and I took Caleb to his 1 month well check-up. We saw Dr. Deganian (Dr. D). Here is the story there...Dr. D was my pediatrician growing up. He also saw my brother and sister, and now he sees Sara and Davis. It is safe to say Dr. D has been a very important person in the Camuso family for many, many years (my brother is now 41). He is wonderful, and I never thought about where to take Caleb...it was a given. When we saw him yesterday Dr. D came in and gave me a hug -- how many doctors would do that?!! Needless to say I take his word as law, and trust him greatly.

Anyway -- Dr. D said Caleb is a very healthy, alert baby. He checked him from head to toe, listened to his lungs and heart and I am sure checked things I don't know exist! Caleb also had to get a HepB shot. He had no clue it was coming which made it even worse! He was all happy, flirting with the nurse, when she put the shot into his leg. That didn't seem to bother him...it was when she pushed the vaccine into him that he screamed, and I mean SCREAMED!!!! He had huge crocodile tears and acted as if the nurse had hurt him on purpose. I did much better than last time...my eyes watered and I wanted to grab him up, but I didn't break down. Next month might be different when he has to have 5 shots!!!! Caleb has been very busy growing in his first month of life. Here are his stats from his 1 month check up...

weight - 9 pounds 14 ounces (42%)- almost a 2lb. gain from birth
length - 22 1/4 inches (61%) - 2 1/4 inches grown
head circumference - 15 inches (38%) - 1 inch grown

In a nutshell Caleb's body is just like daddy's (long and lean) and his head is just like mommy (small). I guess it is safe to say Caleb is a mix of mommy and daddy!! Our little boy isn't so small anymore and is growing so fast!!!

Another big story to share -- for 2 nights in a row, Caleb has slept for 5 1/2 hours, ate and went back to sleep for 2-3 hours!!!!!!!!!!!! Caleb has always been a pretty good sleeper, but there is a lot to say about having consecutive hours of sleep!!! I just have 1 word -- SWADDLE!!!!! We swaddled Caleb for the first few weeks, but got away from it. That is when he started not sleeping as well. Well, a friend of ours reminded us about swaddling (THANK YOU TRISHA!!!), we did it and now Caleb is sleeping like a champ!!! Let's just pray it stays this way...or Caleb decides to give up his 4:30AM feeding!

Here are a few pictures from the few weeks where none of us were sleeping well...

It had been a long week for mommy and Caleb....



Daddy was struggling too...



Here is another picture of Caleb becoming a big boy. The other night I guess wasn't holding the bottle right, so Caleb took matters into his own hands...literally!!!!

No comments: