Monday, November 17, 2008

Great times with great family

Last week Gwinnett County had Early Release for students so teachers could hold conferences. Well since I am home I am obviously not having conferences (YEA!!!), Kim asked if I could keep Sara (Davis was sick and at my mom's). So Sara came and spent the afternoon with Caleb and me. She is such a big help, and we loved having her here. Sara got to experience her first dirty diaper. Needless to say it was pretty funny...she told me how nasty it was, turned her head, walked away and asked for me to tell her when it was done. Priceless!! Caleb loves his cousins so much, and they love him. I took a few pictures, but here is my favorite. So sweet!



This past weekend was a busy one for Caleb. He was able to meet some more of his cousins that we don't get to see very often. My cousin Stephanie and her daughter Reagan came to visit from Florida, and Michael's cousin Charley from Kentucky came to visit with his girlfriend, Erin. It was so great to see them and Caleb loves them so much already! Here are a few pics...

This is Reagan with Caleb. They are my family's October 12th babies (yep, they have the same birthday -- 7 years apart!). She wanted to hold him so bad, and she did a great job!!!


This is Stephanie, Reagan and Caleb. Stephanie and I are 9 months apart and have always been very, very close. We were so glad to see them!!!


This is Charley. I don't think he had ever held a baby before Caleb. He was so scared he was going to "break" him. He did a great job!!!


Caleb loved Charley so much he decided he was hungry and wanted cousin Charley to feed him. This is Charley, Erin and Caleb.


Saturday night we went to Michael's cousins house so Charley could see more of his Atlanta family, and to watch the Kentucky football game. Well, Caleb had obviously had enough football for the day or he was disgusted with UGA's game, that he decided he would scream, and that he and mommy would hang out upstairs. Well, I figured out that he was hungry, so I fed him. I then figured out that he was dirty (I think everyone in the city could have figured that one out), so I changed him. No sooner did I have the CLEAN diaper on him did he mess another one. UGH! So, I put a new diaper on him. I kid you not, I had not even completely put the diaper on when he messed that one. We went through 3 diapers in a matter of minutes. I swear I think that is a record. Now I guess we know that he wasn't disgusted with UGA or had enough football....

Anyway, we had a great weekend with great family. We are so blessed to have such amazing people we are able to call family...

No comments: