Saturday, October 2, 2010

baby update

This pregnancy is flying by. I feel like it was just yesterday that we found out we were expecting. I am just about 14 weeks along (or will be Tuesday), and things are going well. There were a few weeks, OK, who am I kidding, it was about 2 months of being sick, and there is still some lingering sickness, but I feel like I have made it through the worst of it. This pregnancy has been quite different than Caleb's. Just to name a few....

1 - I was not sick AT ALL with Caleb.
2 - I was BEYOND exhausted with Caleb, and with this one, although I have been tired, it is just a tad bit more than normal. No walking zombie. :)
3 - With Caleb I would eat breakfast like a champ, lunch was negotiable, and dinner just didn't happen until around week 13. When I did eat I wanted only healthy foods. With this baby I feel like I eat all day, never really a meal, but it is nothing that is good for you and I can't get enough spicy and salty.
4 - I wore my regular clothes until I was 22 weeks with Caleb. With this baby lets just say I have already been able to use my maternity clothes. :)

There have been a few similarities, however...
1 - I didn't gain any weight with Caleb until week 21, and this one is on the same track. I lost 12 pounds in the first trimester with Caleb, and with this baby it is 8 so far.
2 - I am always thirsty. ALWAYS.

Anyway, I went to the doctor Thursday for an ultrasound. In my 8 week ultrasound they found a cyst. When they told me I freaked out, but the doctors (and nurses, and friends, and anyone else who would talk to me about this) have eased my fears and worries. The reason for the ultrasound Thursday was to re-check the cyst to make sure it had not grown. When they checked, the cyst was still there, but has shrunk considerably. YAY! Of course while they were there I asked them to look at the baby. I had forgotten how much a baby changes from 8 weeks to 14, but WOW! The last time I saw our baby it was a little peanut, and now it actually looks like a real baby! They tried to see if he/she would show its goods, but no such luck. We did get some pictures of this precious baby. Sorry it is kinda blury. I took a picture of the ultrasound with my camera. :)

I can't wait to find out what this little angel is!!! I am thinking we should find out right after Halloween!!!!!!

Next weekend we will celebrate Caleb's 2nd birthday. Pictures and funny stories to follow!

No comments: