Monday, July 5, 2010

...God Bless the USA...

We had a fun 4th of July. We went to church, the pool and then, of course, to see fireworks. :) We weren't sure what Caleb would think of the fireworks. Last year he was OK with them, and I use the term, OK, loosely. This year was no different. He was on top of our car with our nephew, Davis, (I know, I know, Mother of the Year), and when the fireworks started he freaked out, grabbed on to Davis and said he wanted to go home. Actually, he was pulling any excuse to leave (ni-ni (aka: bed), Barnay (aka: Barney), ki cat (Buddy the cat), etc.). Michael got him down and held him. He was OK if one of us was holding him, and he could get a death grip on our shirt. Here are a few pics from our birthday party for America!

Caleb and Mommy before church
Caleb and Daddy before church

Michael and Davis waiting on the fireworks

Mommy's Little Firecracker

Me and my favorite nephew...ok...he's my only nephew, but I love him!
The photo for my Mother of the Year nomination :)


The 4th of July always makes me remember what I am truly thankful for. I am thankful for my county, and all of the men and women who have fought to give us the freedoms that we have. I am thankful for my friends. I have a wonderful group of friends who I love dearly.I am thankful for my in-laws who love me like their own. I I am thankful for my brother and sister, sister-in-law and brother-in-law, and my beautiful nieces and nephew. I am thankful that I am at the point in my life where they are all my friends, and not just people who have to be nice to me. :) am thankful for my mom and dad. I love them more than words can do justice. I am thankful for my husband, and the family we have created. I am thankful for all of the memories we have made, and those that have yet to be made. I am thankful he loves me when I am not that lovable. He is my number one fan, and my best critic. Most of all, I am thankful for Caleb and the beautiful little boy he is becoming. He has a heart of gold, and a personality that radiates happiness. I am thankful for pictures like this one that truly capture the love I have for this
little person...


1 comment:

T700 said...

WHAT IS ISLAM?
http://messages-for-you.blogspot.com/