Saturday, July 24, 2010

the bearer of the rings...

On Saturday, July 17, 2010, Michael's sister, Mary Evelyn, got married. When she got engaged she asked if Caleb would be the ring bearer, and of course we said yes! All I could think about was this precious little boy, in his white knee high socks, stealing the show! Well, as the wedding got closer and closer, I got more and more nervous. I wasn't sleeping or eating, and all I could think about was Caleb ruining her day. :) The wedding was outside, and not to mention it was at 7PM! All of the odds were that he was going to A) run and play in the flowers or B) have a complete meltdown. Michael's cousins daughter, Sarah, was the flower girl, and all we could hope is that she would walk down the aisle and Caleb would follow her. Michael and I were also both in the wedding, and I am not ashamed to say that we bribed him, like a lot. Throughout the evening, before the wedding, and during pictures, I would feel safe to say Caleb ate 1/2 a bag of a king sized M&M's, got a new Thomas train and other things that we deemed appropriate at the time. But, in the end, all of my worrying and our bribing was not needed because Caleb and Sarah were PERFECT (and totally precious, I might add!!!)!!!!! Here are some pics. I will say that I have lifted these pictures from other people. I took not 1 picture all day Saturday. Running after a little boy, trying to keep him clean is a job in itself. :)

At the rehearsal Friday night...
Caleb and Sarah practicing...


They stopped for a few pictures on the bridge...they LOVED this bridge!
cousin love...
Now on to the BIG DAY!

Caleb and Sarah in the brides room before their "walk"

Michael and his brother, Grant, walking their mom



walking down the L-O-N-G aisle. Sarah had dropped all of her petals before they hit the bridge!
Caleb walking...
Mary Evelyn and her dad
The bridesmaids
The Grant/Rees Family
(Michael's mom's family)


The Anderson Family being introduced at the reception
Mary Evelyn and Shawn King

Congrats Mr. and Mrs. King!!!

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

How fun! He looked adorable!!! The Carl House was where I got married! I love that place but that is a LONG walk! We had a 2,3, 4, and 5 year old in our wedding and I was so worried the 2 and 3 year old were going to run off and play in the grass (they didn't). I would have been so nervous too! I'm glad it went well!!