Wednesday, April 22, 2009

well, I did it...

Well, mommy and daddy made a big step tonight. We put Caleb in the bathtub without his baby bathtub. I feel as though I am a pretty laid back mom. Ya know, I don't freak out and head to the doctor over every sneeze. However, I have been a freak about the bathtub. I am so worried that he is going to slip and hit his head. He did bump his head a few weeks ago, and it scared me so bad I took a day off work to make sure he was OK. I also checked on him every hour during the night. So, to make a long story short, I am a bathtub worry wart.

Caleb is 6 1/2 months old, and he has still been taking his baths in the baby bath tub. I know you are wondering if he still fits, and the answer is no, he doesn't fit, and we didn't care. We knew he was safe in there. His head was at the top and his feet hung over the side, but again, we didn't care. He was safe. He can sit up well, but we still didn't feel like he was sturdy enough to sit alone in the slippery tub, and so I always had a hand on him. Bathing a baby while holding a death grip on him doesn't work very well. Anyway, after many jokes from my family that Caleb would be 16 and still in the baby bath tub, we decided it was time to move to the next bathing step. So we got one of his bath towels, rolled it up to make a small pillow and a left a little for him to lay on, filled the tub up a little and laid him down. Needless to say, Caleb was a very happy boy in the great big bathtub. He survived (and so did I) and I looked like I had just stepped off Splash Mountain.

Here are some pics from our Wednesday night adventure. :)

loves his new, big playground...

razzing in the tub - his newest trick


he survived!!!!


Lastly, I wanted to share this picture. Caleb LOVES books!!!! He really loves Elmo and his Elmo book he got from Aunt Donna for Christmas! It is one of the books that has sound buttons you hit during the story.

5 comments:

Ashley, Scott, Grace, & Zane said...

I didn't move Grace to the big bath tub until 9 months b/c I was the same way!! Glad the transition went well:) He is too cute!!

Anne said...

What a smiley face!!! He looks like he enjoyed himself! I laughed when you made the comment about "splash mountain"!

Elizabeth said...

Sarah had that Elmo book and was SO scared of the Oscar trash can sound--it was funny for awhile but she finally got over it. I like the "razzing!"

Leslie Gilbreath said...

You are too funny. Just to let you know we transitioned into the big tub step by step...here are our steps (if it helps at all....)
Baby Tub
This foam like thing they sell at Target/Walmart for about $2 that is in the shape of a bear that does the trick of the towel in the tub...it lasted through 2 kids and like I said was almost free
Then this blow up "duck tub" that they sell at Target which is a padded tub that you put in the tub. We didn't do this step with Natalie but Melanie LOVED it and stayed in it for many months (it is not slippery and if she falls there is nothing to hit)
Finally the big tub with a blow up faucet cover about $.99 at Target- WONDERFUL...still use it!
Hope it all helps!

Tim and Mandy Sharkey said...

Seriously? 6 months?? Already?? Where did the time go???