Monday, April 6, 2009

fun times


We have been very busy around here the past week! One major development was that Caleb got up on all fours and started rocking. Uh oh -- I think times at our house are about to drastically change! :) He is so proud, but very serious, about his new trick. He is still rolling over like a champ from tummy to back and SOOOOOOO CLOSE to rolling from back to stomach. He is always smiling and quite often people ask us if he is always this happy. I think we have been blessed with a very happy baby who loves life. :) Here is a pic of him on all fours -- very serious.



Also in the past week, Caleb has not been sleeping very well. He has been waking up around 5ish and not going back to sleep ------- unless he is in our bed. I know what all you moms (and others) are thinking out there. BAD IDEA!!! I know, but when all you want is some sleep you will do just about anything! :) So, in our bed he has been for a couple mornings this week. On Thursday I got out of the shower to find Caleb and Michael both passed out in our bed. I couldn't resist. :)



Here is a picture of Caleb and his friend, Leo. This was taken at a birthday party last weekend. We had to get a picture because Caleb and Leo ALWAYS have on the same bib. I think we keep Carter's in business. Leo was born New Year's Eve.



This weekend I gave a baby shower for one of my bestest friends, Erika. Erika and I used to teach together until she moved to North Carolina for her husband to complete his residency at Wake Forest. She is due with a baby boy May 25th (they aren't naming him until he is born). I am so excited for my "nephew" to make his entrance into the world, and Erika is getting to that point too! :) Here are some pics from the weekend.

Erika and Caroline


Katie, Erika and me


Katie, me and Charity


the diaper wreath I made



Erika and Caleb -- he LOVED her! :)


Last, but not least, Michael and I celebrated our 3rd anniversiary Wednesday (yes, April Fool's Day). In honor of that, here is a wedding pic. My how our lives have changed since then! :)



Caleb will be 6 months old Sunday. I can't belive it! :) I will have many more pics after this weekend (egg hunt and Easter Sunday) and more info after his 6 month appointment Tuesday.

I hope everyone has a Hoppy Easter!!!

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

I will not judge you!!! Ellie does the same thing. She gets in our bed every morning around 4am. I wish we could break the habit but sleep sounds so much better at the time. :)

Erika said...

And I love Caleb too!!!!

Anne and Brent said...

Happy Anniversary! I can't believe it has been 3 years!