Sunday, December 26, 2010

Pregnancy Update

I keep saying this, but this pregnancy is FLYING by! I can't believe I am almost 26 weeks pregnant!!! I am feeling OK, but this pregnancy has proven to be a little more difficult than my pregnancy with Caleb for a number of reasons. For one, I still don't really have an appetite, but when I get hungry WATCH OUT!! I feel like I am much bigger this time around, but I am actually measuring about a 1/2 week smaller. With Caleb I was consistently 2 weeks ahead. I am also carrying Abby much different that I carried Caleb. I am the book version of the differences betweeen how you carry boys and girls. With Caleb I was very high and straight out. People teased me that I stole a basketball from one of my kids. With Abby I am very low, and she is all around. Anyway, enough with my ramblings...I saw this on someone else's blog, and thought I would give it a whirl, too! :)

Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along: 25 weeks and 5 days
Size of baby: According to babycenter.com, Abby weighs about a pound and a half and measures about 13 inches long. She is the size of an average rutabaga.
Total Weight Gain/Loss: I have lost weight at every appointment so far (thanks to no appetite and being sick), but at my last appointment I finally gained 2 pounds. However, I am still under my pre-pregnancy weight by about 5 pounds.
Maternity Clothes: I am in all maternity pants (excepts for sweats and pj pants) and almost all shirts. However, I am finding that some of my sweaters still fit for the time being. :)
Gender: A sweet baby girl - Abigail Susan aka: Abby
Movement: She moves a good bit, but not nearly as much as her brother did.
Sleep: What's that? I have horrible insomnia. I am dog tired, and can fall asleep, but it something wakes me up (like a bathroom visit) it's over for a few hours.
What I miss: Sleeping through the night :)
Cravings: Nothing right now, however, it was buffalo wings, hot and salad with Italian Dressing...enough to swim around in. :)
Symptoms: tiredness, moodiness (don't cross me these days) and some serious Braxton Hicks.
Best Moment this week: hearing her heartbeat, passing my Glucose test, and all of the wonderful Christmas presents Abby got from our families!

Here is a belly shot from 23 weeks - sorry - I will take another one soon. They are harder to get with a baby running around, too! :)


No comments: