Sunday, August 16, 2009

Long time no blog

I know I have been beyond slack on the blog lately...sorry to all of you people who frequent our blog. Life has been crazy busy to say the least in the past few weeks.

Since the last time I wrote, we took Caleb to his 1st Lindsay Family Reunion. My family has been having annual reunions every July for over 60 years. My Grandmommy (Caleb's Greatmom) was 1 of 8 children. Her brothers and sisters started having this reunion every summer, and the tradition still carries on today. A usual reunion brings somewhere between 75-100 people. Michael and I feel so blessed to be part of such an awesome family where we have relationships with my 3rd, 4th and 5th cousins. Every year we go somewhere different. This year we went to Lake Chatuge/Helen, GA.

Caleb with his Great Great Aunt Betty. She turned 90 July 1st. They were the oldest and youngest people at the reunion this year.

Caleb with his Great Aunt Kathy

This is a very special picture. This is Caleb with his great Uncle Barry. Uncle Barry married Michael and me 3 1/2 years ago. He is currently fighting a winning battle with cancer. Uncle Barry told Caleb "I had a lot to do with you." So special.

Michael won the golf tournament!! Go Daddy!

August 5th (after 2 furlough days) I went back to work. It was very sad, and many tears were shed by mommy. Caleb is staying with a wonderful woman, Miss Anne, in her home. Miss Anne kept Sara and Davis (Caleb's cousins), and so we are thrilled to have Caleb with her. Going back to work has been so stressful. I have taught 1st grade for 4 years, and loved it. Back in January I decided I needed a change of scenery. I went to my principal and asked for the change, and she gave it to me. So, this year I began my journey has a 3rd grade teacher! I love it so far, but it is so so so so different than first grade!!! I am lucky to have a wonderful team of teachers and a wonderful class. I actually have 5 kids again that I had in 1st grade. :) However, being in a new grade level I feel like a first year teacher all over again. This time it is just a little harder since I have a baby and husband at home! Whew! :)

This past weekend we took Caleb to his 2nd Gwinnett Braves game. He loves baseball! Michael's company had a night there. Caleb had a great time cheering for the home team...

Go Braves!!!

Can you tell he just learned to clap?? It is very serious business...

On Wednesday Caleb turned 10 months old. This is so hard for me to believe. Something about him being in double digits is kinda sad to me. My baby is growing up too fast. Here is his monthly couch pic with a comparison pic from 1 month. My how times change.

10 months (August 12, 2009)

1 month (November 12, 2009)

At 10 months, Caleb loves...
- bath time
- playing with mommy, daddy and Buddy
- waving
- talking -- he is one loud little guy. He can say dada, yaya, byebye, hey or hi, mama(when he feels like it), baba (this means bottle), bubba (Buddy)
- playing chase -- the kid loves to crawl
- pulling up and trying to stand alone
- hugging and kissing mommy
- pointing
- giving high 5's
- smiling

At 10 months Caleb does not love...
- having his diaper changed
- putting on clothes
- mommy or daddy leaving
- his bottle

On Wednesday when I picked Caleb up from Miss Anne's I noticed his left cheek was kinda pink. I figured he had hit his cheek on something and basically forgot about it. On Thursday morning when he woke up, the pink spot was now covering the entire left side of his face and was BRIGHT red (think fire engine). Caleb was staying with my mom that day, so I felt better about leaving him. I went ahead and called the doctor and we went Thursday afternoon. He said it was an allergic reaction to something he came in contact with (not food). He said it would have to run its course. Well, Saturday we woke up and the bright red was still there, but it had taken on red pimple looking bumps and was a little swollen. So, back to the doctor we went. We saw a different doctor this time, and she said the same thing the other doctor said, but she gave us some cream. She said it there was no improvement by Monday to bring him back. The cream seems to be helping, but Caleb still looks like someone slapped him. Here is a pic of him on Thursday night and one this afternoon after a day and a half of cream. What do you think?

Thursday, before the cream

Sunday, a day and a half into the cream

Here are a few cute pics we have taken recently....

crazy hair....

too cute with Daddy's sunglasses...

I am so smart I can pop out the outlet proof - HA!


Leslie said...

Okay, so I will admit I didn't quite give Caleb credit for how severe the reaction was until I saw your pictures...HOLY COW!!!! I would have freaked out. I'm glad the doctors think it is nothing too serious b/c it looks pretty rough. I hope he feels/looks better soon.

Jennifer Anderson said...

I know, Leslie!! I DID freak out!! It has been 2 weeks and you can still see some traces of it, but NOTHING like it was. The dr. said it could take 2-4 weeks to go away. We are still putting cream on it at night.