Friday, April 4, 2008

Sign of Life

Since I last posted, our life has been super crazy! Pregnant life is going well...I will be 13 weeks tomorrow, so the first trimester will be over. It is so hard to believe, especially since I don't even feel too much pregnant. I do feel pregnant when I put on my jeans - they are a bit more snug in the waist....so it begins... :)

We went back to the doctor Monday (March 31st), and everything went great. I had lost another 4 pounds (that's 7 1/2 in all). That worried me, but the doctor assured Michael and me that it was OK and normal. She just encouraged me to eat when I could (which is not that often) and to always take my vitamins. I haven't been that sick, just literally I have NO APPETITE. I can't tell you how many to-go boxes I have brought home in the last 13 weeks! Also at the doctor, we heard the heartbeat! That was so amazing. It was a very fast heart rate (160), and sounded nothing like I thought it would. Michael explains it as sounding like someone blowing air through a straw - I guess. :) The doctor said that I looked and was normal, as was Baby Anderson. It was nice to hear such confirming words. I go back April 28th for what they say will be another routine appointment - whatever that is! :) Can you tell I have never done this before!!!!

Other than the baby, life has just been going. I started Spring Break today at 4:01 (ha ha) and Michael is just working like normal. We spent Easter weekend with our families, which was nice. Life is going great for us and can't wait to see what the rest of 2008 holds for us.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yipppeee! I'm glad you're coastin' right along. I can't wait to see you again soon!! Let me know if you get bored over Spring Break. :)

Leslie Gilbreath said...

I lost a lot of weight at the beginning with Melanie- don't worry it all seems to come back at some point in the pregnancy :) Your 1/3 of the way there...wahoo!